Trump Says No Talks With Iran, Calls Hormuz ‘New US Territory’ By Staff Report

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that the United States was not engaged in any discussions with Iran and that no talks had been planned.

He also said the US naval blockade of the Strait of Hormuz remained fully in place.

Trump made the remarks in a post on Truth Social, where he also shared an image showing a map of the strategic waterway between Iran and Oman.

He captioned the image “New US Territory,” with a circle marking the Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf.

Trump had previously called the proposal to designate the Strait of Hormuz as US territory a “great idea.”

Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Kazem Gharibabadi responded sharply to Trump’s remarks, saying the US president’s claims about the strategic waterway were misguided.

“Just as Trump correctly wrote the name of the eternal Persian Gulf, soon his delusion regarding the Strait of Hormuz will either be corrected or we will correct the delusions of this deluded man,” Gharibabadi said.


SOURCE:https://pakobserver.net/trump-says-no-talks-with-iran-calls-hormuz-new-us-territory/

August 20, 2026

About The CSS Point

The CSS Point is the Pakistan 1st Free Online platform for all CSS aspirants. We provide FREE Books, Notes and Current Affairs Magazines for all CSS Aspirants.

The CSS Point - The Best Place for All CSS Aspirants

August 2026
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
top
Template Design © The CSS Point. All rights reserved.
Skip to toolbar